Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Valve makes more money that Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:01 pm    Post subject: Valve makes more money that Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix Reply with quote

I’ve read a pc mag article on Gabe Newell and Steam.
Steam is now the biggest money maker out there. Bigger than Apple, Sony, Zuckerberg or any of them, raking in (at the time of the article) over $780,000+ per person on the steam payroll.
It hasn’t changed its business model in years and because of its 30% cut on ALL devs just belches money. Of course once they sell MILLIONS on steam does the cut go down.

Sickening and right under everyone’s noses that doesn’t even see it.

I’ve been buying my keys from anywhere (legit) other than steam. I’m glad i have.
Bastards!

Oh and they’ll let the games industry lay off staff, while creaming a fucking fortune off them.

For eg; you buy a game on steam at £90, the fuckers (Steam) will pocket £29.70 of that from the devs and sale. EVERY FUCKING COPY OF THE ONE GAME!!! Imagine how much they scam in a day…

Wankers!

https://80.lv/articles/in-2018-valve-was-making-more-money-per-employee-than-apple-facebook-and-microsoft/#

Quote:
Based on the GameDiscoverCo newsletter and the details provided, we can finally see that in 2018, Valve was making at least $780,400 in net income per employee, while Apple made $476,160 per employee. This shows that Valve was actually one of the most efficient companies back then, and it did know how to manage its resources.

It's unclear if this situation has changed in the past six years, but Valve maintained its business model, and I bet it still makes that much money and remains among those mentioned above.
Nolan76
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be the biggest moneymaker but it's unavoidable right now. Who will compete with it? Which game publisher succeeded in creating a platform that stands a chance against it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: