Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Net Attack Aimed at Banking Data [16280]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Net Attack Aimed at Banking Data [16280] Reply with quote

Computer security experts warned yesterday of

another new Internet threat that can steal the passwords and account information of people who bank online -- the second such discovery in a week. Users can pick up the latest bug, which doesn't yet have a name, from pop-up ads that secretly download software capab

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about anyone else, but i have 0 sympathy for anyone caught by this virus that a patch was released back in april. i always update my windows everytime a patch is released. why shouldn't i? why shouldn't you? but i can see this being catastrophic for those with ripped versions and unable to update. funnier, because what can they say? Damn you bill gates!! i have a ripped copy of your os and someone likely stole my banking information! i'd sue you but i'm a criminal!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAAA despite knowing this info, i'm sticking with IE. i like adventure.
Hjarry
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, man. You can be the canary in the coal mine. The rest of us will keep IE at the same distance as leprosy. No offense to Bill Gates, of course: when I refer to your products as digital leprosy, it's meant with the highest possible respect. Wink
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u should get help for your mental leprosy before giving any advice.
Hjarry
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF. . . Smell any IE leaks, canary? Keep sniffin', little birdie, we're depending on ya!
maga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually use IE6 AND Opera because you can't have a 100% accuracy without IE.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can tell a rabid fanboy when the refuse to jump ship, even when its obviously sinking

xxxx: doesn't it bother you in the slighest that these critical flaws exist in IE in the first place? do you have that much blind faith in microsoft that you think that hackers will never find the flaws before MS release a patch (an already obviously false statement, theres still a flaw currently open with no patch available). patches or no patches, I'd tell anyone I gave two shits about to use a browser with a better track record than this
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that IE has many flaws.

Also so many patches have been released for IE we cant even count.

One things for sure, if Microsoft finds one patch then a hacker might try to hit the other vulnerable area of IE.

Although personally I am so used to IE that it is quite difficult to switch to another browser, and I dont do much online banking Wink
lucas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outlaw wrote:
Although personally I am so used to IE that it is quite difficult to switch to another browser, and I dont do much online banking Wink

get firefox, http://mozilla.org/products/firefox/
install luna theme, http://www.intraplanar.net/projects/luna/
turn off the tab-bar and remove the google search box and you've got yourself a browser that looks and works like IE without the weekly security flaws. heck, scrap your IE shortcuts and change the firebird icon to the IE "e" and you wont even have to think about it when you launch your browser.
there is no excuse to rely on IE as your full time browser

edit: oh, you'll probably want to turn off popup blocking too so it behaves just as IE does
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: