Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Monday reading - Is the PC Dead for Gamers? [19810]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djdidge wrote:
I feel I have to comment....

Hands up who has visited a friend and they have tried to get you to play unreal tournament on the XBOX (or something similar)...its like "erm, narr ill just watch you jostle with that controller!"

We could chat on this subject for ages but in answer to the question "Is the PC dead for gamers", I doubt it, and hope as much.

Anyone downloading games, remember to buy if you like, thats how you can keep this market afloat.

Regards,

DiDGE Cool

It also works both ways Wink Ever tried getting a console friend to get their fingers around a keyboard and mouse in a FPS! ROFL.
More and more devs are doing 'cross platforms', purely and simply it's to make money!
The PC is a loss making machine, why do you think devs are trying to impliment 'STEAM' type downloads? Piracy has/is killed the PC. Compare the price of a console game in the high street to a PC game. it's way,way more expensive *yet* the console game sells THOUSANDS more per title than the PC ever will.
Get over it guys, the PC is no longer a niche market.
Every game on PC will eventualy (as already is) be released simultaneously on the big consoles.
The PC is only ahead because of graphics power. but the cost of a 'top of the range' graphics card will be nearly twice the cost of the latest consoles released...
If i had a dime for everyone here and over the past 12years that said that the PC is NOT dying, i would be a millionare!!
Me and only 2 other mates have stayed the course in over a decade upgrading our PCs. The rest have gone on to consoles,marriage,have kids, longer jobs etc,etc.
Me i AM married and my wife has a PC also, so it's not such a big deal.
Wait and see the amount of you lot that eat your words in a few years time....'PC isn't dead' Laughing
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xxxx, what you were laughing about wasn't an argument and until I read your comment I thought that was obvious even to a child. If I wanted to give arguments, I'd give them. You don't write ONLY arguments in the comments section, right? Smile
And heh, most of you guys become so agressive about trifles, I even wonder.
djdidge
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It also works both ways Wink Ever tried getting a console friend to get their fingers around a keyboard and mouse in a FPS! ROFL.

What I mean is that FPS require keyb&mouse for perfection, nobody that knows FPS can deny that. The best console FPS gamer vs the best PC FPS gamer with their traditional controller... the PC gamer will always wipe the floor no contest. But not to dwell too much on controllers, console controllers are indeed better suited to other things.

On the main topic, PCs will always be gaming platforms those that are convinced otherwise will indeed see in a few years!

If you havent already, read the TomsHardware link provided by HX... They are on the money with that...
http://www.tomshardware.com/column/20050924/index.html
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
Never will the PC gaming see its end (at least as long as the PC is called PC).
Just too many reasons for it to stay alive. No use to count them.

You can't count, so why try and pull the wool over everyone eyes? You can't contribute cuz u know shit about the PC. That's why your post is so retarded. Why you even bother to post is beyond me?!

I think I'm gonna put that in my sig.
Nosferatu wrote:
Never will the PC gaming see its end (at least as long as the PC is called PC).

That's just total genius at work.. Duh! watch your step people.

And the 'a child could understand' line u use is so f'ing old it's totally stupid to see anyone still uses that as their basis to put someone down. Get a life dude, get some new quotes!

Here's a pic of Nosferatu @ his Birthday party!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OWNED!
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know xxxx, I see you like insulting people, even though there is no reason to do so. I'd classify you as a kid or a person with inferiority complex, because you try to show your knowledge is superior to someone's even though you don't know a person. About the 'child' phrase, I can't know how old is the expression, because I made a cliche from my language.
Heh, you just make me laugh xxxx. If the PC gaming doesn't suit those who you know, it doesn't mean there aren't people who don't like console games for a good amount of reasons.
Why wouldn't I count the reasons? Simple: it's a comment section, not for writing pages of text.
Oh, and don't forget to inform me and put to shame when PC gaming will at last die. I'd be very thankful.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
You know xxxx, I see you like insulting people, even though there is no reason to do so. I'd classify you as a kid or a person with inferiority complex, because you try to show your knowledge is superior to someone's even though you don't know a person. About the 'child' phrase, I can't know how old is the expression, because I made a cliche from my language.
Heh, you just make me laugh xxxx. If the PC gaming doesn't suit those who you know, it doesn't mean there aren't people who don't like console games for a good amount of reasons.
Why wouldn't I count the reasons? Simple: it's a comment section, not for writing pages of text.
Oh, and don't forget to inform me and put to shame when PC gaming will at last die. I'd be very thankful.

I'll give ya a few tips.
A) first know what you are talking about. Put it in english not baby talk.
B) Comments are attached to a FORUM, what is a FORUM's purpose?
C) Where in 'your' world is a 'comment' restricted to so many words? Huh? I didn't know comments had a restriction on words.

My points are factual, my post does bring up relevant data. You have no clue, that's obvious since the first days I've seen ur posts. Either your posts are stupid or totally unfounded. It's only common sense that someone who wants to get into games is more likely "these days" to go for a console. It's WAY cheaper and it WAY easier to use. Not to mention the COST is WAY lower. Are you too stupid to understand that? I guess so, cuz you keep on posting back with even more stupid and pointless comments. You say not to attack me yet your an idiot trying to use "age" to put someone down. Pfff.

You show me where I am wrong in ANY of my post. You keep playing your way to old "age" insult game, if that's all you got. Stumpus and I are about the only one who post on this site that have a clue, outside of HX.
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx, one day when you grow up this behaviour of yours will bounce back at you. I only wish i can be there when it happens to laugh in your face. Take a chill pill kid. Theres more in life than being right about console facts.
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx: "my post does bring up relevant data"
Wow, your insults are right on the "will computer games die?" topic, they are absolutely relevant, your insults give exact arguments on the reasons of consoles being "better in every aspect"... your logic is undeniable Smile
Notice I never even allowed myself to insult you, while you certainly did.
Life will sure punish you for being who you are. Imer's right.
You'd better rearrange a few things in the way you react to other people, it'll be too hard to be like that, trust me. I've seen people of your kind change. They have more friends, others approve of their actions, they get more satisfaction from their life. The choise is yours of course, whether to follow the advice or...
Well, could have spent more time arguing with you, but I guess there are better ways to spend it.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all anyone who says "PC gaming is dead" is stupid..... it is never gonna die. Consoles are no where better than PC's and far as the controls go it depends on the individual as to what he prefers, some ppl like the console's control and some like PC. Well I hate the Console controls, but that does not make them bad or good, it just comes down to what you are comfortable with.

Secondly when u say cost, that is another stupid thing to argue on. U can always upgrade ur PC but u can never upgrade ur console. If u want to run ur latest console games u got to dump the stupid old console and buy a new one. So u can't argue about cost either.

And when we talk about sophistication consoles are for ppl who are not into hardcore gaming, its more for KIDS. Everybody knows and will agree that consoles have been mostly used for fighting games. PC is certainly for the sophisticated gamer.

And managers playing games does not make consoles sophisticated it PROVES that noobies play on consoles.
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outlaw wrote:
Secondly when u say cost, that is another stupid thing to argue on. U can always upgrade ur PC but u can never upgrade ur console. If u want to run ur latest console games u got to dump the stupid old console and buy a new one. So u can't argue about cost either.

thats the most retarded thing i've read here yet. sure, you can upgrade you pc, thats all good and true. but look at the price of a gfx card or a cpu, then compare that price to the total cost of a console. notice the numbers are in the same range? so to upgrade one part of your precious pc costs at much an a whole new console, wonderful. but then, futhermore when you buy a console you get 3-5 years where the console will play any game released, that gfx card you just blew all that money on will start to struggle in <2 years, so in the time i buy one console, you're gonna need to do 2-3 upgrades to stay current.
consoles:1 pcs:0

The Outlaw wrote:
And when we talk about sophistication consoles are for ppl who are not into hardcore gaming, its more for KIDS. Everybody knows and will agree that consoles have been mostly used for fighting games. PC is certainly for the sophisticated gamer.

i love this arguement since its so ironic. the people who make these claims are always teens trying to prove they're "adults", 'look at me! i use a pc, consoles are for kids!' I bet you hated on gamecube zelda cause it was to kiddie too, while adults rejoiced in having such a pretty game to play. one day you'll reach a point where you realise the time (those upgrades and software installations dont perform themselves) and money involved in pc gaming isnt worth it, its not about being kid-like or adult-like; its about "my time is too valuable to fuck around with this shit". right now i can assure you yours is not, have fun while that lasts.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can comment as much as you want or argue till the end of time. Still that will not change the fact that PC gaming will never die.

Rest u Kids and argue as much as you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: