Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Creative XFi card actually really good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Creative XFi card actually really good Reply with quote

Hey, just got a Sound Blaster X-Fi ( http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?product=14066 ) card and I have been quite impressed. Games do sound a lot better. Especially positional audio but in fact it does give you more FPS. In COD 2 I had to lower my mouse settings a bit because it was just going around the screen way too fast. Though I never had really lag issues with COD2 at all previously, for whatever reason COD 2 just feels way smoother. I had an Audigy 2 ZS, I know lots read that if you do have one it's not worth upgrading but actually I have to disagree. The X-Fi card has really given me a FPS boost (not that I needed one) but has really smoothed out the games. UT 2004 is another game that is just so smooth at the highest quality settings it's truly scary. In COD2 for example, when someone is shooting you or (haha missing you) and hitting the ground it really now sounds like imaginary sand on your desk is being hit. I was bored, I wanted something new for my PC so that was all I could think of since my X800 XL is performing like a champ still. The Platinum comes with a few megs of ram on the sound card, as does the fatality one, but no game uses the ram and chances are none will. The Extreme Music version is a good option imo.
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well wat set of speakers are you using, well me using Creative Inspire 2.1 2500 well it aint the greatest but is quite descent I would say.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have the Logitech 5300e speakers..(first time going with Logitech, I had 4.1 and 5.1 digital speakers). These speakers are awesome. I purposely went from 7.1 to 5.1 again because I liked the sound.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9586
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: