Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Morning Tech Reading - Vista eats 800MB RAM! [21094]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Morning Tech Reading - Vista eats 800MB RAM! [21094] Reply with quote

Vista set to swallow 800MB of RAM! - Vista runs ok with 1024Mb of system memory but no-doubt 2048Mb would be much better. Windows Vista Ready LCD Monitor Round-Up - The Samsung 244T is essentially a 'dream' monitor. Hacking Your Linux-Based Wireless Router - Learn how to optimize your wirele

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to rebuke my Firefox claims. I think Firefox has a long way to go and I think those using it, no matter their reasons risk the security of their PC far more than those using IE. Firefox sucks for cookies, trojans and is vulnerable to java applications like crazy. I have been using various plugins with Firefox with little success. Using IE 6 for the longest time I was always happy to see scanning with Adaware, Spybot S&D and MS Antispyware that I had nothing except perhaps 1 cookie after 3 weeks time.

I switched to Firefox because Firefox better supports xHTML a web standard that is spreading but yet scrutinized for it's security. Well I've decided to fall back to IE 7 right now indefinitely. I have used some plugins as advised by Firefox and by members of their community. Even still, last night 165 tracking cookies, 6 spyware installed and 1 java trojan. All cookies were labelled to have come through on Firefox and seeing how I rarely have been using IE, the 6 spyware and 1 java trojan I can only say came from Firefox. I haven't installed applications and to be honest I have been working on my web site.

I've decided that Firefox is just not secure enough for my computer and I will be removing it soon. I've eliminated most of the need for xHTML in my site (the reason I went to Firefox) and have since made my site cross browser supported. I'm not going to argue with anyone, these are my findings and I couldn't care less what anyone has to say. But as far as I'm concerned, there is no doubt in my mind IE just blocks the crap a lot better and lot more easier that Firefox. Firefox appears to have a loooong way to go..
ThePacifier
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: xxx you re right-- Reply with quote

yes..you re right.
And other complaint for me is that firefox is more slow to load..its heavier than other browsers.

Personally i use Avant Browser that combines IE, firefox and Opera.
Works great for me.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I was expecting a flame from my post. Glad to see there is someone else feeling in some ways the same as I do about Firefox. I will check out Avant.. Thanks for the suggestion.
doodah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bahahahahahahahaa

That's some funny sh**, what spyware did you have installed? Smile
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont need to make you look like a fool, youve done that fine by yourself
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maxthong for president Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: