Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

ATI can BLOW ME, I'm back with nVidia now!! YES!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: ATI can BLOW ME, I'm back with nVidia now!! YES!!! Reply with quote

To make a long story short. I ran into money, scrapped my PC and bought into AMD 64bit and nVidia!! Right off the bat I am like Woohoo!! Now I didn't go gungho on anything but I figured AMD 64 bit solution is a lot cheaper than Intel and based on past problems I had with AMD and heat, this time round I am extremely impressed with the CPU, it's cooling and the noise factor. It's actually more quiet now than my former system.

One thing I'd like to say to anyone warshipping ATI. You are not only blind but you're an idiot. You are deceived. ATI does not run games better, nVidia does, "Pure" fact don't less some bias POS review sway you. I was refreshed on this feeling last night trying out various games and noticing HUGE differences, differences most miss in those nice tailored/uncommented pics that don't label what card they came from. So far I can swear by the following in the few hours I had last night.

- BF2 looks WAY better than on my ATI card

- HL2 I am not sure yet, but it has some qualities I haven't latched onto yet, but there is a difference in quality between ATI and nVidia and I like it better on my nVidia card. I haven't narrowed down the differences, but I will.

- Tiger Woods is WAY better and SMOOTHER than it was on ATI. Such things I notice look way better is the blowing grass and swaying trees and even my guy swinging. No I didn't reinstall TW2006 it's the same install. So that guy on Rage3D(from EA) trying to tell me ATI is equal, HES FULL OF SHIT. I only presented these facts to him when I noticed people with lesser cards than my former X800XL had the same game and I could swear it looked better. But I was called an idiot and disrespectful! IM DISRESPECTFUL? Well maybe in some ways. But I DON'T LIE ABOUT THE QUALITY I SEE. I hate when people especially in prominent jobs like this idiot from EA lie their face off to a community of people and put people down that are telling the truth.

- Oblivion and having HDR and AA on just totally improves this games appearance more than words can say. These things are not available with ATI. When I was with ATI and AA on the fires would drop me down to 1 fps then I was told, oh ur ATI so HDR and AA don't work! WTF!! Well, now, I run around and it's like I'm playing a DOS game it's so damn smooth it's just unbelievable. Things like what I noticed on ATI was the light coming down in the tunnels and stuff, total BS, you see this Beam of light and thought, that's kinda a lousy effect. That is a "ATI" specific thing, on nVidia it shows like fog and light and just look a million times better. There is NO ray of light coming down it appears like there is a fog mixed with natural light coming in...

The chug I've had in games like NFS MW and Oblivion all gone. Not a drop of lag in anything and I'm running higher resolution and the shadows and the ground look 10x better. Not that blocky crap like on ATI or the blocky shadows!

I haven't come across a game, including HL2, that hasn't been handled better on nVidia. Every game and I'm NOT JUST SAYING IT, does look better on nVidia.

Don't let anyone sway you, ATI is second compared to nVidia, period. If not just by developer choice but because the card is made way better and the driver support is just purely amazing. I regret ever having been with ATI and I hope this post will be a pushing block for someone considering a card upgrade.

Oh FEAR? Perfectly smooth and looks better. The fx and stuff, blur, glare everything just way better on nVidia.

With ATI I was really losing interest in gaming and stuff but now with nVidia my interest is shooting back. All these games that played like crap, abuse from communities telling me my PC was buggered, all BS. It's all cover up for a bad card. Well maybe not BAD, just not developer chosen as nVidia is and little has improved since the days the 9600 and stuff came out. ATI had their campaign Get in the Game. I think it should have been 'Getting in the door'. Unfortunately for ATI I think a lot of those doors were slammed in their face.

My only minor issue now is my sound, with nForce 4 it has the Realtek and I think that my Xfi might have had better sound in games or richer sound.. I mean the nForce is nice and all and I'll probably stick with it, but there is a chance I would get another Xfi.. my old PC was ripped apart and shared amongst my other machines. The Xfi now sits with my wife.

Anyhow, I got for now

AMD 64 3500
2GB ram
BFG 7600 GT OC 256MB (cuz 512 is bs)

I plan to extend this with dual 7600's and perhaps a better mobo later on in the year..

P.S. Yes Stumpus, I'm going to stay with PC gaming for a bit longer.. I can only thank nVidia for renewing my interest.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: ATI can BLOW ME, I'm back with nVidia now!! YES!!! Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:
ATI can BLOW ME

AMEN!!
djdidge
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I always felt that the NVIDIA colours seemed more earthy, atleast that was the case when we used to have LAN parties, good for comparisions.

I have been ATI for a long while but am considering a 7900GT that ive seen for £200. So at that, im no longer adverse to the NVIDIA offerings.

Im a little taken aback by all the new ATI offerings, so many model numbers, it will take an age to read up on them!

I'm renovating my house at the minute, if there is budget left after its finished I will be chosing a new GFX beastie Surprised) I don't mind spending what a XBOX360 will cost - I'm already at a par level with the 360 - a newer card will push the boundaries Very Happy
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nVida forever.

even my OC'd 7800 Go gains a better score than my 6800 Ultra, mind-blowing notebook card.
xanadu
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are calling all the current reviews, all the reviewers, including the largest hardware review sites on the net, liars how about telling us about your old system?

A major upgrade (you must not have been higher than an Athlon XP if you just now went to 64) including a move from AGP to PCI-E combined with probably more ram, and other improvements, is sure to make a difference in performance.

Personally I think reading this has cost me some intelligence.

You pretty much truly show where your intelligence lies by wondering if an integrated realtek soundcard would be as good as or better than your Xfi and it sounds as if you can't even figure out how to turn off the integrated sound.

At least you were courteous enough to make it such obviously blatant that you lack intelligence that most people will understand to ignore your post and actually research before purchasing.
vazel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33852586
iO
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

i have not been impressed with BFG cards personally...

Everyone is however entitled to their opinion...

and as for insulting people on their posts thats just about where i think my intelligence suffers. People are entitled to post whatever they want, as uneducated as it may be without some smartass degrading them, iN some feable attempt to boost their own ego.

MAYBE A NAPOLEON COMPLEX?

if your opinion differs, how about trying to input a contrasting view...

i guess that would b beyond your thought process?

easier to insult eh>?

i thought so, the easy road is often followed by those not adpet.

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS LIKE RACING IN THE SPECIAL OLYPINCS,
EVEN IF YOU WIN YOU ARE STILL RETARDED!

Rolling Eyes
iO
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> General Gaming Chat All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: