Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

iso images onto gamecube discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Next-Gen Consoles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
euqerhp
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: iso images onto gamecube discs Reply with quote

Hi,

i'm trying to get downloaded iso images onto 8 cm DVD-R discs. gamecube does not recognise discs. Who knows the trick?

thanks
euqerhp
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: iso images onto gamecube discs Reply with quote

euqerhp wrote:
Hi,

i'm trying to get downloaded iso images onto 8 cm DVD-R discs. gamecube does not recognise discs. Who knows the trick?

thanks
euqerhp

Mini DVD-RW or DVD-RW will never work with your system. You need mini DVD-R or standard DVD-R discs. I'm not sure why, but they have to be one time write discs. RW won't read at all.

Since full sized DVDs were/are a much more common format there are lots more options for high quality discs that will read in your system. If you weren't already aware your gamecube will have no problem playing full sized DVDs. The only thing stopping it is the plastic disc tray. If you take the top off your gamecube you can test it with full sized DVDs. When you burn a cube game onto a regular DVD it will just burn into the radius of a gamecube disc in the center of the DVD.

There are only 2 types of discs I've found to work consistently with my modded cube - Taiyo Yuden DVD-R discs (best quality, expensive/hardish to acquire. I believe they stopped producing them) and Verbatim (2nd best quality, still produced, very easy to find at a decent price).

If you have the cash to splurge on some Taiyo Yuden discs they are your best option. They're the highest quality available. My recommendation is to get some Verbatims though. They come in at a close second. You should find them at your local staples/officeworks. You might get the odd bad burn that results in an error or stuttering, but most of the time they should work perfectly. If you get a bad burn just do another.

Another common misconception is that a slower write speed on your burn will work better. This was only true many years ago with the technology of the time. You'll probably have best results setting your burn to the highest rated speed of your disc drive. Just make sure it's set to a consistent speed, not variable. For me my setup works best burning at 56x using ImgBurn on Verbatim 4.7GB DVD-Rs.

Update: Use some Ridatas, they're high quality mini DVD-Rs (NOT RW) and work best for the Cube's laser. I bought a Xeno modded Cube and was instructed to use these.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002ROELG6/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://imgur.com/a/i6zD6ky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> Next-Gen Consoles All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: