Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Playstation 3 Overheating Problems? [22427]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Playstation 3 Overheating Problems? [22427] Reply with quote

Sony shares experienced a 2.75% drop after Playstation 3s were seen having overheating issues:

A report from Macquarie Securities analyst David Gibson helped spur investor concern over Sony's next generation machine. "While the reason for [the PS3's technical difficulties] is unknown, we suspe

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Safer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything will return to normal when this god damn beauty is finally released into my craving hands. The XBOX360, even the damn Macs had or have overheating problems - just don't let a pillow sit on the case you are fine.

Anti-hype and hype - same shit - yet the equaliser allways is to let it cool down.
Smiley_ie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need a new frying pan.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha!

But yeah, everything has overheating issues at some point. Just add another low speed fan to it. :-p
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gordho
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or don't enclose the unit in a kiosk that allows it to re-circulate the hot air that was just exhausted from the ps3.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone that has half a brain knows how to keep it cool. I have all my equipment in the basement where it is cool all year round.

I don't know if Safer is just anti Xbox and anti Mac or just conveniently forgetful, but clearly he doesn't remember PC cpu's like early AMD had heating/Cooling problems as do most current video cards on PC's. A lot of PC's have heating/cooling problems. (oh yeah, xxxx is here, better not put down that old reliable expensive pc) lmfao, kidding.

I agree otherwise, what doesn't have a cooling problem?...Just nonsense anti-PS news... wohoa..
Safer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti? Pretty strange that - I hate the old XBOX, I love Windows Vista yet is completly over the top into a crush on the PS3 - own a more or less still packed up XBOX 360 but play my PSP more - but I cheat on it with the PS2 and still gives the N64 naughty looks.

My relationship to gaming is complicated... :/
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safer wrote:
Anti? Pretty strange that - I hate the old XBOX, I love Windows Vista yet is completly over the top into a crush on the PS3 - own a more or less still packed up XBOX 360 but play my PSP more - but I cheat on it with the PS2 and still gives the N64 naughty looks.

My relationship to gaming is complicated... :/

Your nuts mate!

Never mind, M:TW2 will soon be out to 'cool' your active brain and channel those brainwaves 'positively' Laughing

A question to xxxx,
Quote:
Anyone that has half a brain knows how to keep it cool. I have all my equipment in the basement where it is cool all year round.

Ok how does someone keep their console cool if they:
A) don't have a basement (like we don't all live in houses nor live in Norway) nor can we start digging through our foundations to create one....)
B)Live in a high-rise/tower block *again* without air-con and in a country where the temps are very high?

Nothing to do with 'half-a-brain' xxxx, it's called *improvisation* and your not being discriminatory with that quote then? sheesh Rolling Eyes
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:

I don't know if Safer is just anti Xbox and anti Mac or just conveniently forgetful, but clearly he doesn't remember PC cpu's like early AMD had heating/Cooling problems as do most current video cards on PC's. A lot of PC's have heating/cooling problems. (oh yeah, xxxx is here, better not put down that old reliable expensive pc) lmfao, kidding.

I agree otherwise, what doesn't have a cooling problem?...Just nonsense anti-PS news... wohoa..

you idiot lol, if the box is seriously over heating, unless u plan on installing some extra fans, vents or heat sink INSIDE the system, your basement means jack shit, it means jack shit if its cool all year long. If its overheating by 3x the amount that it should be then no basement is gonna save it.
Safer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little beauty (I'll call it that from now... my little PS3 soon to be) will probably balance on the same small temperature edge that most laptops live with - exhausting enourmous amounts of hot air from it's inners.

Stumpus; Roasted nut's are of my greates preference as the usual kind of peanuts just taste oily and bleh. And as for M2:TW - the baby will grace my screen with other titles... damn October - so god damn many games coming out... and not so much of a time frame to play them.
v1m

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't know if it'll suck, rock, or be meh. We'll see pretty soon.

But this shows again that heat is the curse of the bleeding edge. Every engineering effort should be spent trying to resolve how to make hot machines cooler--whether it's a blazing hot Macbook or a game console.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: