Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Studios Pull Out Of Halo Movie [22547]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Studios Pull Out Of Halo Movie [22547] Reply with quote

This ed their participation in the project:

Both of the studios that agreed to co-finance the screen adaptation of the popular Microsoft game have abruptly backed out of the picture. While rumors had the studios concerned over a budget that was rising above the original projected $135 million pricetag, the filmm

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't this a surprise to me?
Same old story with Micro$haft, Gimme,gimme the money *FIRST*!! Who cares what the film makes, as long as we get paid OUR quota Rolling Eyes
Like some arrogant cartoon version of 'Grape Ape' with a giant diaper!
LardAss
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fox and Universal probably realised producing a movie based on a the halo game (check the game to movie history not one has really made enough money doom, streetfighter etc etc...) will result in flops because the conversion never makes for good viewing. Games are games and an interaction factor which the movies are chewing gum for the eyes and games are chewing gum for your brains.

I'd rather waste time reading a book than watch any trash based on a game.
v1m

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Lucas has said he won't make any more blockbusters. They cost too much and the return's too dicey now that Hollywood's dominance in entertainment is at an end. Throwing $200 million at a Halo movie and hoping it recoups is a fool's bet. And let's be honest. Halo's simple minded "story," such as it is, is only about 5% of the game experience. Nobody, frankly, cares. Everybody plays it to blow shit up, and blowing shit up is a speciality in Hollywood action films that cost a lot, lot less.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomb Raider made a lot of money, Mortal Kombat did too. Doom didn't, a big loss actually but I wouldn't say movies based on games are a total loss. Look at the loser they had for the lead actor for Doom. Wasn't just the lame story it was the useless actor behind it. On the other hand we all know why Tomb Raider made it, but a movie based on Halo? Gimme a break. To me that's destined to go the same was as Doom. It's a flop waiting to happen imo.

Quote:
They waited until the last minute to have this conversation. Peter and Fran, after speaking with their producing partners and with Microsoft and Bungie ([b]the studio that designed the original game[b]), respectfully declined."

It's being directed by some lamer

Quote:

As word of the U and Fox exit spread, speculation centered around the inexperience of "Halo" helmer Neill Blomkamp, a 27-year-old first-time feature director.

If I were MS or Bungie and being told too that I wont be getting as much money... Pffff ain't even worth the time. A movie destined to FLOP.

Only an idiot would use this story to stab MS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: