Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion PS3 shots [22609]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion PS3 shots [22609] Reply with quote

Bethesda released three new screenshots from the Playstation 3 version of
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It looks like that game I played and finished almost a year ago....Yawn.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Safer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but it got golden daadra! Razz
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks better on my pc....
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the extra's will be coming out on the PC anyways.
Vanilla Oblivion was as boring as hell. The only things keeping me hooked to this game are the truely amazing mods being released (props to Oscuro for saving this game), otherwise it's just eye-candy with an utterly atrocious levelling system.
Come on Bethesda, let's see you put in that extra effort to make Fallout 3 a true classic.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oblivion sucks period, anyhow.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, actually, it doesn't.

There are just a lot of things wrong with it, which the modding community is fixing.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it's just my opinion, not the word of GOD. Get over it.

I played Morrowind and all Elder Scroll games previous to it. Oblivion has a crappy bloated engine, lousy quests and a horrible leveling up system. Not to mention god awful character animations. 3rd person is laughable as well and the maps have so many holes in it. That's where my opinion comes from.

Quote:

There are just a lot of things wrong with it, which the modding community is fixing.

that makes a lot of sense... Rolling Eyes
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx wrote:

Quote:

that makes a lot of sense... Rolling Eyes

Thank god something makes sense to you!
The rest of that shit that you posted made NO sense at all. Typical..

Quote:
I played Morrowind and all Elder Scroll games previous to it. Oblivion has a crappy bloated engine, lousy quests and a horrible leveling up system. Not to mention god awful character animations. 3rd person is laughable as well and the maps have so many holes in it. That's where my opinion comes from.

Yeah right! You got the inteligence to play TES...i don't think so... Brick wall :
You've got the attention span of 'buttering a slice of bread' and that's about it!
3rd person is a joke! That's because it's designed to accomodate console owners that aren't used to mouse/keyboard and 1st person. The only 1st person mode you know is looking in the mirror albino

Quote:
Oblivion has a crappy bloated engine

I think you'll find that's you talking about your PC, since that's the usual talk when the game performs like a bag of spanners. "A good workman NEVER blames his tools"

Away back to writing the 'worlds best game: According to xxxx' since your so up your arsehole! and *always* talking folks down for having a differing opinion to YOU!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime you want to compare PC benchmarks there Stumpus, let me know.

Thanks for the other laughs though.. You sure can deliver. roflmao.

Oblivion sucks, I couldn't care less about your acid trip delusions Stumpass. There is also a huge following of people that feel exactly the same as I do. They are in magazine columns, Oblivion forums and various other forums. But of course, you waste your time here thinking that your comments actually affect me. lmao. (Oh wait, I've got a tear in my eye... maybe you are affecting me. Oh wait, I'm just laughing my ass off at your total patheticness. lamer.)

As for attention span, I don't even read your posts bud, I just make up my responses while glimpsing at your posts cuz I know your just too stupid to figure it out. And there is no more fun then feuling a moron for more responses.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look your not something new, not some sort of messiah. On every forum there are always more posts, MOANING about a game, than there are actualy PLAYING it. It's always been the case for over a decade! Rolling Eyes

But it's the ones who moan that that are the most childish *because* they do not attract a group that agrees with them -ie YOU. If someone is thoroughly enjoying a game -not disagreeing with how the code is distributed, or copy protection issues,bad bugs etc,etc that's CONSTRUCTIVE criticism- They are just 'plain old' having fun! and someone like YOU comes along with a CHILDISH rant about how YOU perceive Oblivion. You just get BLOWN out the water and you cannot handle it.
If no one agrees with you, you go off on a rant kicking and spitting the dummy -hence why you said
Quote:
There is also a huge following of people that feel exactly the same as I do. They are in magazine columns, Oblivion forums and various other forums.

That's what you ACTIVELY seek, it makes you feel better. Finding a forum full of people ENJOYING a game such as Oblivion is not good enough for you. It **MUST** be 'rage against the machine' and everyone agreeing with all your comments -that's what makes you feel good.

In short: you've got a big attitude problem!

Then it descends into the same old 'no one agrees with me' xxxx.

Quote:
Oh wait, I'm just laughing my ass off at your total patheticness. lamer.)

Quote:
As for attention span, I don't even read your posts bud, I just make up my responses while glimpsing at your posts cuz I know your just too stupid to figure it out. And there is no more fun then

Your sooo correct there! gee whiz...
illiterate muppet, learn to spell Rolling Eyes if your going to attempt to make your BIG words sound clever.....you once said that you 'looked up a dictionary', did you Lose it or something?

feuling a moron for more responses.

Yep that's true (if you could spell it Laughing ), since you can't stop answering back. The moron (as in you) doesn't need fueling eh? He's running on enough gas coming out his mouth to keep a town running for MONTHS!
You just never,ever know how to stop eh? You post this crap and i sit looking at it laughing my head off (along with thousands of others) at someone (you) stumbling *trying* to sound clever, but at the same time shooting yourself down in flames continuously!!! It's just priceless.

Quote:
Anytime you want to compare PC benchmarks there Stumpus, let me know

Now that's just plain childish, and quite a bit more immature than i expected EVEN from you...that's Back to the 'mine is bigger' than yours mentality eh? Are you a faggot? Since you like my ASS and all.
Quote:
I couldn't care less about your acid trip delusions Stumpass

Really you should just shut up, you don't sound clever *trying* to backchat other peoples posts. You remind me of the village idiot in 'Ryan's Daughter' -played by John Mills. Couldn't tell if anyone was laughing AT you or WITH you.

[img]http://lean.bfi.org.uk/materials/thumbnails/bfi-00m-phl.jpg[/img

If you have any inteligence, you will read this (if you can) and take onboard what i've said? Away and join those forums full of 'like minded' individuals like your self -mouth off about games for the sake of it and enjoy yourself.
If you reply to this, then you are truly as thick as it get's
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holes in the map?

Try this mod:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=1417
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingArthur wrote:
Holes in the map?

Try this mod:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=1417

roflmao! Wow this game is worse than I thought... I've been playing Oblivion on and off for the last month and being that I already finished Dark Messiah, I'll probably finish Oblivion just so I can uninstall it. Have really had no interest in the mods because I want to finish the game in the way the developers intended, but I might check that out. Thanks KingArthur

@ Stumpass, do you ever shut up? You remind me of some chick I used to date that thought her shit didn't stink... Take a hike retard and go take someone elses forums hostage. I didn't read your verbal diahrea cuz for the 4th time, I couldn't care less. But I guess you're too daft to understand that. Some peoples kids... god.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Modding is pretty much what makes Oblivion a more diverse and interesting game than so many others out at the moment. Sure, it doesn't come close to Morrowind, but it is still mighty impressive.
xxxx, you should thoroughly explore that avenue, the levelling issues have been significantly improved through modding.
It "does" make a lot of sense, my comment that is, the modding community for Elder Scrolls are very loyal and full of talented individuals.

I hope you actually understand what I am trying to say xxxx, you know, without assuming that I think you are a god (wtf?) just because I disagree with you Laughing I was merely making something evident to you.
If you do decide to try out the modding side of Oblivion, please check out Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul before anything else. The mod KingArthur mentioned is highly recommended to be used in conjunction with Oscuro's though.
Stumpus, you shouldn't feel the need to lecture xxxx on anything, just ignore his comments if they impact you otherwise the whole thing goes round and round.
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you don't like mods the one I mentioned is a lot like a patch it fixes hundreds of floating things and other such bugs but doesn't add any new content.

In my own opinion I don't like Oblivion with out mods, which is why I have about 86 mods not including the Official Mods I "paid" for or the unofficial Patch (give or take a few, some don't include .esp's and I didn't count them) now I do like the game Smile

Even if you don't like mods though and if you plan to uninstall it afterward anyways why not try a few mods? if you still don't like it then you can uninstall it anyway. Who know you make end up liking it.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I took a look at the mods last night, or a good majority of them. Oblivion bores me something bad, but I play it in spurts only cuz I hate buying games and then never finishing them(not a habit I like). I'll continue to play it in small intervals and I am definitely interested in that community provided patch that fixes some 600 bugs...

86 mods, wow that's incredible... lol.

NWN2 should be on shelves soon, woohoo, so I'll likely play both at the same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: