Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 - Quad Core is here! [22624]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 - Quad Core is here! [22624] Reply with quote

Today Intel is officially launching a new Quad-Core processor, formerly known by the company's internal code name, 'Kentsfield'. Kentsfield is the direct result of Intel's immense manufacturing and process technology prowess. Based on the company's 65nm manufacturing process, one of the very few fabs of its

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so tired of new cpus coming out every months seriously just make leeps in speed instead of coming out with
2.4ghz
and so on...
KingArthur
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I would agree with you but since this is the FIRST Quad Core I would call it a "leap in speed" and not just the same old stuff with a new number.

Anyways This is what I'm going to get in 8 Months (or a better version as I'm sure one will be available by then)

I also am hoping some DX10 Quad SLI cards come out by then too and then I'm getting 4 sticks of 4 GB ram for a total of 16 GB ram, and I hear Terabyte HD's are coming I hope in less than 8 months I want to whip a few of those in Smile

No I'm not joking I am really planning to spend more than the price of a nice (used) car on one computer, I'm crazy Very Happy
Safer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intel is all dandy and nice but this is still just two 65nm Core 2 dies slapped together to fast as hell give a edge on AMD which will give us a truly quad core processor architecture next year. Nice speeds at the moment though so good for Intel but I'm still a sucker for AMD. Wink

AMD Fusion archetype is sounding interesting aswell, hopefully something for the laptop.

KingArthur; I thought I was alone on these forums with that idea. Wink

Regarding HDD's I'm hopeing to get a big-arse flash drive in the new god-can and then have a cuople of TB's in my upgraded file server (the poor sod is running at 700GB at the moment :S). This coupled with a nice tune up to the old DSL line and I'm go for getting to my stuff regardless of where I am within my traveling sphere.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you guys are not alone with your computer upgrading dreams. I really want to upgrade my computer soon, but I am going to be waiting just a bit longer for all of this new crap to play a bit before I settle down with a sytem. Plus I need the money for it. Maybe santa will bring me some new computer parts to get this all started. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: