Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Resident Evil 4 PC Video [23164]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Resident Evil 4 PC Video [23164] Reply with quote

Here's a gameplay

video from the highly delayed PC port of
Resident Evil 4. The game

should be available later this month!
Re4 GameplayUploaded by Aydrian

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean "Biohazard 4" Smile) ?

1. There is NO mouse support. It will be a pain at start, but you get used to it.
2. The gamepad support is limited. No calibration, no vibration, no nothing.
3. The game has lower quality graphics than, say, Code Veronica where at least stencil shadows were used. Also, the PC graphics seem to lack some color. They must have changed something with lighting. Although, you get all sorts of resolutions including widescreen. But that won't help much since the textures are pretty low-res. i.e. from the gamecube version.
5. There are no graphic options to tweak whatsoever, except resolution.
6. You need a PS2.0 card minimum.
7. The game is capped at 30fps and has a letterbox which makes it look like widescreen even in 4:3 screens. You cannot remove it.
8. If it runs on my system like it does (flawlessly), it WILL run on yours.
9. The game makes you play it from sunday 9AM to monday 2AM, with only WC pauses (and you still won't finish it).

It's a straight port. All they did is translate the engine to PC architecture. Adding mouse support, for instance would require a complete gameplay redesign IMHO. Now if they did that, people would bitch how the GC/PS2 version is inferior. So..

I'm putting this into my RE collection once the Euro retail hits the stores. Definitely worth a buy!
WillieT
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmer just said it all. play this if u have a gamepad. don't think it'll be a good idea to play with keyboard. it's a good game, but it looks very bad on the pc =\ the PS2 version looks better.
Ravenheart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the PC name is BioHazard.

BTW its all over the torrent trackers already Wink
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all these negatives..I don't see how or why I would want to buy this especially if its not in the "under 20$ range"... Mouse support is something that I would want, at the very least.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lmer
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was alluding to the version that hit the torrents a few days ago. It's actually the Korean "Biohazard" titled version from which the video is from Wink.

// Edit

djRom, if you haven't played any of the other console versions, despite all the lacks of this port this is a game that you really must play if you're into survival-horror genre. It's just that good.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I have the gamecube version, have played a bit of it, really great game, but I really like my mouse and keyboard. And was hoping that this was going to be included in the pc version. Which actually I thought like a year ago, the pc version was cancelled? lol I guess not..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've realy enjoyed playing this on my PS2 since it's release -yeah i'm still playing it on and off Lol.
I've bought one Res PC port -Res 2 mid 90's or somewhere then, and it's a joke to control on a PC (note i'm not a gamepad player other than footy games) I cannot understand why, in this day and age, the Res series still get's crap ports! I mean CLONE ports died out in the 90's...didn't they??

Get either a second-hand GameCube or PS2 and play and enjoy it *properly*
Alex_D
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF NO MOUSE SUPPORT!!! what the heck is Ubisoft trying to do? Destroy their own reputation. those lazy bastards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: