Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Manhunt Murder Gets New Twist [16547]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Manhunt Murder Gets New Twist [16547] Reply with quote

Gamesindustry.biz reports that police investigating the
"Manhunt-inspired" murder of 14-year-old Stefan Pakeerah  have revealed that the copy of Manhunt at the centre of a tabloid media frenzy last week was found in the possession of the victim, not the killer.Newspapers and TV news

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya whatever. so a stupid bonehead kid blames a game for killing people. but of course we'll never know who or what this kid stood for. nah, can't tell you that. he wasn't a troubled child, he was an angel that flipped over a game.. WHATEVER. i say, put the parents up on the stand. how much do they know about their child? what did the parents do during or before this? did they go and buy a violent game and not even take the time to see what they bought their kid? did they not see or watch what their kid was playing?.. gimme a break. sympathy to the victim, chair for the kid and the parents.
nobodyspecial
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I feel sorry for the parents of the victim, but at the same time they shouldn't have opened their big mouths about the video game being at fault when their kid had the video game! What is their kid doing with a clearly labeled Mature game anyway? I wish people would grow up and realize that people are responsible for their own actions. I've had enough with stupid people getting money from lawsuits for being stupid people. The court should just fine those people for bringing a stupid lawsuit to court instead of hearing it out. Lots of things influence people to do stupid things but the fact of the matter is THEY MAKE THEIR OWN DECISIONS! Ugh....
lucas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess they'll have to blame it on eminem or marilyn manson now
The Outlaw

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the person Takes Desicions himself and no game could make him bad or worse.
I think that the victims parents should be the first people to be penalised for this as their own son had the game.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that this is being taken further, with the ELSPA contacting the Home Secretary (Government)

The fact that the 17year old's motive was robbery, because he had a drug debt, and had NOTHING to do with the game 'Manhunt' has sparked off a serious lible case against the press for 'blowing it out of proportion'

ROCKSTAR will no doubt sue the butts of the british press! The parents of the 14year old (in possesion of the game) should be prosecuted, 'quick to point the finger and last to take responsibility' for their brat!
FX5950
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah isn't it funny that you don't hear much about this anymore since the game had little to do with the crime.. .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: