Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Doom 3 [16575]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres the bump mapping here you stupid fag. http://www.ggmania.com/pics/04/specials/doom3hi/doom3hi04.jpg

This is ULTRA QUALITY. Nah, this is ULTRA JUNK. look at the wall on the left. THAT TAKES A 512MB card.. ya whatever. Stumpus as usualy, you're a dumb ass without a clue. UT2K4 walks circles around this game even if they aren't the same. At least UT2K4 has REAL BUMP mapping, not this fraud called Doom3. You see it there people, this is Doom3. Just keep gazing at that wall, cuz aside from Carmack hiding it with painted on shadows.. the general textures blow and in this pic, you see it at the highest of quality.
damnurannoying
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but what's funny is that your probably the biggest fag on this site (and that ain't an easy task looking around at some of these messages). The closest thing to a chick you'll get is replying to that little bitchs fx5900 posts around here. Truely pathetic.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain the AI.
The zombies obviously are dead. In every zombie movie or game, they are dumb. Know why, because their brain is gone or destroyed.
Then you have the z-sec guys (the ones with the weapons)- they show really good ai. They will actually hide behind objects and create distractions.
Then there is the demons. All they wanna do is kill you. They dont have to do really advanced ai things, they are vicious beasts. The one thing i dont like about the ai though, is the fact that the imps dont crawl along the walls and ceilings. Originally, they were supposed to.
And if any of you can go back far enough, John Carmack said that he wanted to remake Doom using todays technology. He doesn't want to do anything really special.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnurannoying wrote:
Yeah but what's funny is that your probably the biggest fag on this site (and that ain't an easy task looking around at some of these messages). The closest thing to a chick you'll get is replying to that little bitchs fx5900 posts around here. Truely pathetic.

ya and ur gonna be ultra banned, you see this site keeps track of ip's and ur abusing the site rules. I'm a fag when ur too much of a lame ass to keep ur real name and a real arguement. i'm not the pathetic loser creating pointless and stupid userid's. truth is, this game is nothing spectacular and the Ultra shots go to prove it. Creatures and stuff is one thing, but there is something called environment. I don't call a painted wall high tech or great gfx. as soon as you get to 'high' quality in UT2k4 you got the best walls and environment of any game. it's a fun and entertaining game, that's about it. Graphics wise, ya there are some nice implementations of "DirectX" features that could be used in "any" game but aside from that it's a dark game with compromise to environment graphics. See ultra pics and tell me that requires a 512mb video card..bump mapping is near non-existant in this game and any fool can see that.
maga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, maybe up there, in Canada, they don't have bump mapping ! maybe it's banned ! It must be something about the legal age or some bullshit. Hey, xxxx, how old are you ?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptStar wrote:
Let me explain the AI.
The zombies obviously are dead. In every zombie movie or game, they are dumb. Know why, because their brain is gone or destroyed.
Then you have the z-sec guys (the ones with the weapons)- they show really good ai. They will actually hide behind objects and create distractions.
Then there is the demons. All they wanna do is kill you. They dont have to do really advanced ai things, they are vicious beasts. The one thing i dont like about the ai though, is the fact that the imps dont crawl along the walls and ceilings. Originally, they were supposed to.
And if any of you can go back far enough, John Carmack said that he wanted to remake Doom using todays technology. He doesn't want to do anything really special.

exactly about the zomies. as i said, they are walking dead, not geniuses of warfare so why even comment on the overall AI. But then soldiers too are pretty dumb too but definitely better at using the boxes and stuff, even if they don't crouch much.

like you said, daemons, all they do is attack you. no ai needed.

as for your comments on Carmack, again, you are right. he did say that. and he's right, nothing really special, including the piss poor wall textures he covers up using lighting effects and to some degree painting shadows on things. But he was an advisor, he wasn't bent down behind a machine coding it.

Also, where is the end of level summary page? I recall Doom2 having a overall "how did you do summary". I'd have expected that in Doom3.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maga wrote:
Hey, maybe up there, in Canada, they don't have bump mapping ! maybe it's banned ! It must be something about the legal age or some bullshit. Hey, xxxx, how old are you ?

hey dipshit, show me some bump mapping in doom3. i'm waiting..

funny how people on this site put you down and can do nothing to prove themselves eh.. all i see in my posts are valid and true facts so like braindead maga he can do nothing but insult and prove nothing. i ask you, how old are you? u don't need to prove how stupid you are, we already know that.
maga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll show you bump-mapping, but first:

See my forum icon ? What's its meaning ? Where was it used first ?

If you don't know the answer, shut the hell up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

show me it fag, or you shut up. thanks for your pointless post. how anyone can say this game has the best graphics, pfff, don't know anything. i expected much better gfx than the game has. sorry, my expectations were high since this project was overseen by the "god" pff of gaming. that title left a long time ago, and if it wasn't carmack it would have been someone else. The proof of this games graphics are in the Ultra shots alone. remember, it takes a 512MB card to do those nice wall textures.. pfff. Hey hx, how about some shots of the shadows painted on the floor and objects in the game? woo, high tech for sure.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maga wrote:
I'll show you bump-mapping, but first:

See my forum icon ? What's its meaning ? Where was it used first ?

If you don't know the answer, shut the hell up.

who gives a crap? it's likely a picture of your mother before you were put in a test tube.
maga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see ? you don't deserve an answer.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see, you're a fag and you talk from your ass, cuz you got nothing. i'm right and you can't prove me wrong. see, so thus the name fag, is applicable to you. all mouth and ass that's all you are.
maga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are such a bigshot in this bump-mapping business, then you surely must know what my icon symbolises. I still expect an answer.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe ur just a retard and I'm sorry for that. but i couldn't give a crap what your avatar is. i couldn't care less if it truly was your mother. get it yet?
CaptStar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, xxxx is right. There is no bump-mapping. I haven't seen any painted on pipes yet, but there is only mubp mapping on characters and enemies. There is zero bump mapping on walls, the floor, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: