Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

God of War With No Graphics Card [54580]

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 28 May 2004
Posts: 40013

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: God of War With No Graphics Card [54580] Reply with quote

Today we're seeing how the PC version of the critically acclaimed God of War runs on PC with no discrete graphics card. God of War?

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 4296
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What resolution is this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Posts: 1840
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/god-of-war-integrated-graphics/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 4296
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just go ahead and repeat myself.
Csimbi wrote:
What resolution is this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Posts: 1840
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I'll just go ahead and repeat myself.
Csimbi wrote:
What resolution is this?


Your such a bloody idiot!
It tells you in the link at what resolution(s), FPS etc,etc it runs WITHOUT a graphics card. FFS.
Is it sooo hard to read links?

Quote:
Here the plan is to see how God of War runs on integrated graphics, specifically AMD's Ryzen 7 5700G. This is AMD's latest APU, and while a bit pricey at $359, it is currently the best option for anyone looking to play games without needing to grab a graphics card—something that is all too real in these silicon starved times. Apart from being a decent 8-core, 16-thread CPU in its own right, you also get 512 GCN cores running at 2GHz for your money, which can be decent for gaming too.

There's one thing you will need to do before jumping in God of War on your 5700G machine though, and that's pop into your BIOS first to sort out the VRAM settings. Some games will grab as much memory as they need and just work with AMD's Unified Memory Access, but this isn't the case with God of War, which sees just 512MB of VRAM by default. The game still runs, so credit to Sony Santa Monica, but it looks awful, and not quite in that so-awful-it-looks-good way either.


Now that's done, it's time to see what the 5700G can do with God of War. At the Original settings and at 1080p you're looking at a beautiful but sluggish 19fps, which isn't really playable, or an enjoyable experience, particularly in combat. Dropping down to the Low graphical settings improves performance a touch, up to 23fps, but it's still not exactly smooth.

Compromises need to be made.

God of War support two options on the 5700G that can help here. The first is controlled by the Render Scale slider at the bottom of the Display settings screen. Setting this at its lowest option of 50% renders the game at 960 x 540 and then crudely upscales it to the screen's native resolution of 1920 x 1080. The results are blocky, but, you will enjoy almost double the frame rate at 43fps.


This must be the dumbest day out for people on the net.
The amount of people on steam that posted absolute ‘empty’ questions without a brain connected it incredible. Despite posting links, answers. The brain has left the building…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 27 May 2004
Posts: 2661

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This must be the dumbest day out for people on the net.
The amount of people on steam that posted absolute ‘empty’ questions without a brain connected it incredible. Despite posting links, answers. The brain has left the building…


Sadly I must agree. Something is wrong Sad It's everywhere...not just on internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member


Joined: 05 Mar 2010
Posts: 4296
Location: The bright side of the dark side

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
I'll just go ahead and repeat myself.
Csimbi wrote:
What resolution is this?


Your such a bloody idiot!
It tells you in the link at what resolution(s), FPS etc,etc it runs WITHOUT a graphics card. FFS.
Is it sooo hard to read links?

Quote:
Here the plan is to see how God of War runs on integrated graphics, specifically AMD's Ryzen 7 5700G. This is AMD's latest APU, and while a bit pricey at $359, it is currently the best option for anyone looking to play games without needing to grab a graphics card—something that is all too real in these silicon starved times. Apart from being a decent 8-core, 16-thread CPU in its own right, you also get 512 GCN cores running at 2GHz for your money, which can be decent for gaming too.

There's one thing you will need to do before jumping in God of War on your 5700G machine though, and that's pop into your BIOS first to sort out the VRAM settings. Some games will grab as much memory as they need and just work with AMD's Unified Memory Access, but this isn't the case with God of War, which sees just 512MB of VRAM by default. The game still runs, so credit to Sony Santa Monica, but it looks awful, and not quite in that so-awful-it-looks-good way either.


Now that's done, it's time to see what the 5700G can do with God of War. At the Original settings and at 1080p you're looking at a beautiful but sluggish 19fps, which isn't really playable, or an enjoyable experience, particularly in combat. Dropping down to the Low graphical settings improves performance a touch, up to 23fps, but it's still not exactly smooth.

Compromises need to be made.

God of War support two options on the 5700G that can help here. The first is controlled by the Render Scale slider at the bottom of the Display settings screen. Setting this at its lowest option of 50% renders the game at 960 x 540 and then crudely upscales it to the screen's native resolution of 1920 x 1080. The results are blocky, but, you will enjoy almost double the frame rate at 43fps.


This must be the dumbest day out for people on the net.
The amount of people on steam that posted absolute ‘empty’ questions without a brain connected it incredible. Despite posting links, answers. The brain has left the building…

I assume you are referring to yourself because the link you posted has nothing to do with this video here - the cards are different, the video is different...
I appreciate you trying to help though - even if you end up posting irrelevant stuff.
I am curious, where, in this video you see a 5700G card (which your link is talking about)...
We have a GTX 1080, 3000G & Vega3, Intel and Radeon iGPU in this video:
Quote:
0:00 Introduction
0:47 AMD Athlon 3000G & Vega 3 iGPU - Dual Core
3:05 A Brief Mention About Intel HD / UHD Graphics
4:18 AMD Ryzen 7 4700U & Radeon iGPU - Eight Core
6:54 Final Thoughts

You know, nevermind. I don't care that much, I was just curious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 27 May 2004
Posts: 2661

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
What resolution is this?


check the video again : 1:40 and 5:22

resolution is visible in settings....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2666 phpBB Group